Saturday, April 4, 2009

Grandpa?--Yes, Grandpa!!!!!!!!

O.K. The other day one of the sweet ladies that I work with said to me, "Well, Bob, are you getting excited about being a Grandpa?" I told her, "Boy, that makes me feel old. Grandpas are old." I thought to myself, "Am I old?"

I guess I have been missing the point. One of my 3 beautiful daughters, Jacqueline, just had a baby. That alone makes her a beautiful baby. Now there will be a little one that will walk up to me one day and say, "Come on, Grandpa, lets go for a ride! Or, Grandpa, can you come to my recital? Or I will say to the 24 year old mother sitting next to me at a school program, "That's my Granddaughter, the one in the middle with the big smile." I will get to hold a little girl's hand again. So soft, tender and full of love.

Thank you Lord, for the blessing of my wife. Thank you for the blessing of our three beautiful (inside and out) daughters. Thank you for the blessing of the three young men who are part of their lives and thank you for this little granddaughter Chloe Mae.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

It's a wonderful part of our lives - grandparenting! It gets better every day Bob! And yes it is wonderful to hold that little hand in yours.