Friday, August 27, 2010

My Pal





Yesterday when I came home from work my pal was waiting for me. I thought she was telling me that we needed to go to the lake and spend the night. I was thinking to myself that I had a plethora of things to do, but spending the night at the lake sounds just great! Well, I went downstairs and got a sleeping bag, a lawn chair (for relaxation) and an ice chest. I filled that ice chest full of coke and dog biscuits and some fried chicken. It had been quite a while since we had taken a ride so we packed up and left.

We drove to the lake. It was a little windy. Then we remembered the "Walden Pond" people who run the Kirwin National Wildlife Refuge do not allow camping at the lake so Maddie and I packed up and headed back. I think she was thinking, "Well, I bet we could just sleep out on the deck in the backyard." When we got home we set up shop on the deck. It was just too noisy to sleep. So inside we went.

I made us some stovetop somores and a little warm chocolate milk and we both went to sleep on the living room floor.

What an adventure!!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I love it! Glad to know that you still have fun while your wife is away : )

RitaKay said...

Okay, so who took the pictures? Glad you have a good buddy to spend time with, drink coke and eat dog biscuits with, and make smores with. You crack me up! Love you, Bobby.

Jacqueline said...

I think my lack of comment is comment enough....

Annie said...

I love it, Dad...especially Walden Pond. You crack me up, too. And, I'm glad someone is using my sleeping bag. :)