Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My little blue car












This week has another memorable day in it for me. Every year on the 22nd day of June there are special moments that come to my mind. It was on June 22, 1972, that I bought my 1972 Plymouth Duster. Every year I think about my little car. Here are a few of the facts:


The saleman's name was Ralph Power.

The cost was $2,300.00. Actually it was $2,369.oo including the 3% sales tax.

Don't remember the miles. I think less than 50. It was brand new.

The loan was from First National Bank

The loan officer was Andy Andrews

The payment I think was $76.00 per month.

I could not have bought it without my Dad's help.

It did not have air conditioning. Many times I regretted that.

It did have a nice radio.

It had a 225 slant six engine.

I was on cloud nine.


What memories I have with my car.

I changed the oil every 2,000 miles. My first road trip with it was to Philmont Boy Scout Ranch in New Mexico with Jon Weinman and Steve Henderson.

I could write many stories about it but today I am just remembering it.

Today it sits on a hill east of town. One of my millionare dreams would be to restore it.

There are many things that need to be done before that happens.

I just think of it every June 22 and nearly every 22nd day of every month.




No comments: