Thursday, February 9, 2012

Not Even Tagged (Page One.)

Hello whoever is reading this.
Last week I was reading Jacqueline's blog which was a reply to a blog that she had gotten from Mandie. It was titled "Tagged" I read down the list of those who were to be tagged by Jacqueline relieved to find that my name was not on the list. I did not want to disappoint her by not replying to her tag. Well, my name was not on her list because she said she knew I probably would never get around to sending an answer. So now that there is no pressure, I am going to kind of send an answer to her tagged message to which I was not asked to send an answer. What a long sentence. Mrs. C. would not like that one.

Anyway the rules to her tag were these: 1. Post eleven facts about yourself on the blog post (mine will be on my blog post) 2. Answer the questions that were sent to me by Jacqueline (but actually they came from Mandie) Create 11 new questions to ask people I tag and then tag another 11 people. Well, I will do part of that. See that is why she did not want to send this to me. O.K. here goes!

Eleven facts:
1. I love Coca Cola. There are few things better than that refreshing first drink out of an ice cold can of coke. The first few drinks are the best. Bottled in plactic or glass does not taste the same. Pepsi is not the same. It is worse than Dr. Pepper! My kids will testify to the medicinal qualities of Coke. I have been cutting down lately (only had 4 this month when I usually have at least 4 a day) but I love Coke.

2. I Miss Miss My Dad. I think about him every single day many times. I miss him especially on Sunday and Wednesday. I keep wanting to hear that bass voice back there singing and it is not there. I wish I had asked him more questions about life, and scripture.

3. I love to walk outside and see the moon in the sky and the stars shining bright. When we lived on the farm it was horizon to horizon stars. On extra cold nights is seems that they shine brighter. I know that is not true. I just love to look at the night sky.

4. I love the smell of the pines of the cool crisp Rocky Mountians. I love the beauty of those Mountains.

5. I love my daughters. What a wonderful blessing I was given when my three daughters came to me. They are each unique individuals and I look up to each. They are so strong. I love their husbands and the blessing of grandchildren that they have brought to me. I love my daughters because of their mother. She was the influence of guidance, determination and steadfastness that they needed in this world. I love my daughter's mother. I literally would not be here today if I had not met, loved and married my daughter's mother. She is a rock.

O.K. that one may have been more than one fact, but for now we will just count it as one.

6. I love to cook. I enjoy the time in the kitchen. It is fun to share what is made there. It is fun to have the whole family cooking together there. To me that is one of the fun things at holidays - lots of people in the (my) kitchen.

7. Sometime I want to have Sharlene take me to Washington D.C. and New York City.

8. I would like to lose 30 pounds.

9. I love music. You probably already know that. I like all kinds of music. I love the harmonies of voices and of instruments. I would like to sit in the audience of a performace of a syphonic orchestra. It would even be better to be standing in front of the orchestra as its conductor. (There's a dream!)

10. If I did not have to learn how to back a 53 foot trailer and if my back would take all the riding, I would like to be a truck driver.

11. There is not a day that goes by that I do not thank God for my good health. I also thank him for the good health of those that I love.

O.K. This is going to have to be the first post of a couple, because I am going to have to go to bed. I will try to add page two tomorrow. I have it already done on paper it just needs to be put here.

That's all for now.

6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

What a comeback! You know I love a good look inside. ;) Love you so much, Pappy! [[Hugs]]

Annie said...

Wow! I am impressed. I haven't even done my tag.....putting me to shame, Paps. Thanks for the insight and love you.

Stacia Hamidi said...

Oh, Bob! What a funny first sentence..albit long. Excited to read Page Two when it comes out. :)

RitaKay said...

I'm just going to say Thanks for Writing! It's nice to get to know things about you, even though some I already know (coke...duh). Way to go, Bobby.

Amanda said...

love the list uncle bob! learned some things : )
love you!

Amanda said...

love the list uncle bob! learned some things : )
love you!